Cancer Update Nov 2015

It's been six months. Six. Fucking. Months.

If you asked me at the beginning, I might have said that the worst thing about loving someone with cancer, is the initial shock and fear of abandonment, but right now I believe it's the perpetual waiting cycle you get caught up in.

Wait on results. Wait on surgery. Wait for surgery to end. Wait on recovery. Wait on new results. Wait for chemo to start. Wait on results. Wait on another surgery.Wait for surgery to end. Wait on recovery. Wait on even more results. Wait on chemo to restart...

As a loved one you also feel guilty. Or I do. I feel guilty for feeling weighed down by it all, because my whining & worrying is so fucking ridiculous - it's not even happening to me. My "worst experience" requires patience, hers require pain management, courage & persistance.

Good news today though: Mum's recovering much quicker after this second surgery - she already started walking small distances over the weekend, and was moved to a normal ward (from high care) yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait