Z is for Zombie

Oh, I know...you probably started thinking I became a zombie (having disappeared from my blogging profile for over a month). Fortunately (unfortunately?) not! Today I'm back with a list of the most entertaining zombie movies out there. According to me anyway (& in spite of the fact that what I should be working on, is my Blog's overall look & feel).
I find it extreeeeeeemely difficult to recommend movies without giving away too much of the plot and/or without the use of verbatim script quotes, but I'll try my best. For you.

Zombie Movie Line-Up
(Note: I thumb-sucked the scene titles.)

Shaun of the Dead will forever be one of the funniest zombie movies I've seen so far!!! Those Brits just know exactly how to tickle my funny bone and I have not yet met anyone else who saw the film & disliked it.

This film also proved to be one of those that my sister & I immediately adopted as a cinematic educational tool. Everyone we knew, heard about it as soon as we saw it & now everyone we meet will inevitably be introduced to it within the first 6 months of our new acquaintance.

Must love Shaun. We're a package deal, people.

Best Scenes: Girl in the Garden, Bar Fight

I actually re-watched Dead & Breakfast last night. Such fun! The first time I heard of it, was when I walked into my sister's bedroom while she was watching it. At first I just pulled a face & said, 'What the fuck are you watching?', but then I sat down & made her play it from the top so I could see it from the beginning.

This movie combined two of my favourite genres - horror & musicals. It's truly awesome.

Best Scenes: Enus, Midnight Snack, Comin' To Kill Ya, The Hoedown


Together, 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later comes into play today, too. I was scared shitless purely because of the zombies' speed in these two.

The fear factor was also amplified when I watched them for the first time, because I had no idea what they were about (I just randomly popped them in & pressed 'Play' that morning).

Best Scenes: Haven't seen it either of them in a while, so I can't recall them individually. (Sorry! I will update this post as soon as I've watched it again.)

Zombieland. The collaborative result from a stellar cast & brilliant writers, means it is easily counted amongst my Top 5 & definitely worth the watch.

I, for one, will never think about Woody or Twinkies in the same way again.

Best Scenes: Cardio & The Double-Tap, Bill Murray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait