Hunger

Ambition is a fantastic motivator. Especially if you're also clear on  what it is that you want to achieve/become. I mean, you don't need anyone to dangle a carrot at the next corner, coaxing you into making a right turn; you just automatically want to do what you need to do to get what you're after.
I have absoluteluy no idea what it is that I am hungry for. I have a very attentive and loving husband, a good job with colleagues I usually don't feel like gassing in their sleep, and practically zero familial or friendship drama. Is the restlessness, in which I find myself during the quiet moments, a desire to move and get out more? Or, on an even more seriously damaged note, have I been able to pull off the greatest prank ever - tricking myself into thinking I want what I have only to waste an entire life? Could this also be the root of  my eating disorder? I binge and grossly overeat, because I confuse a spiritual/life hunger with a biological one? After all, Maslow believed that when we've reach a certain point in our lives, we will all start looking for things such as the ego and self-actualisation...
On the other hand, I think overthinking and analysing life can also be a little like repeating one word over and over: eventually it loses substance and become gibberish, doesn't it?
I don't know if I'll ever stumble upon my purpose and live the rest of my days in nauseating contentment, but I do hope that every day I'll find new (no matter how small) ways to enrich my life and sate this hunger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykines Lighthouse, Faroe Islands

Dark Side of the Cookie

I Will Wait